Thursday, May 5, 2011

You Know, That Feeling

Today, I took the day off because I endured a mind breaking eight hour overtime. The issue we were fixing was marked as a critical one. No matter what happened, we had to fix it, and we did. It was already four in the morning, and I hadn't eaten dinner yet.

I wanted to go half day, but my body refused. I woke up at two in the afternoon.

As the humid day went on, I received a text. It was from the person who made me feel it was the end of the road. I had already moved on, but then, I receive a text from him. A part of me wants to go back, but the stronger part of me soldiered forward into leaving the past behind.

And just a while ago, an online friend of mine living in Paris asked me if he can go out with me when he came home this month. We have been exchanging messages for almost two months, and he seems a decent guy. I'm a little afraid that he can't fluently speak English or Filipino, but I'm trying to believe in myself and not to get crippled by my anxieties.

It has been a long time since I felt kilig. It is always nice to know that the person one likes to know better shares the same sentiment. The feeling overwhelmed me for only less than two minutes -- compared to before which lasts for hours, or even days. With that, I feel a sense of accomplishment that I have grown stronger and slowly weaned myself out of the horrible grasp of being desperate.

No comments: