Thursday, December 22, 2011

Build Number One: Floor (Part Eighteen)

It has been almost  ten months since I was assigned to Omega. Tonight for the very first time, I was tasked to send our codes to our onsite counterparts: a process we call as building. It is one of those little things that makes me feel a real part of the team, since it is something not usually done by people who have just been introduced to the team.

For the first time in the week, it was alright for me to stay behind and wait until the task was done. I found myself always wanting to go home at the soonest possible time, but tonight was something different. I felt a sense of accomplishment to stay behind. I felt proud -- a small but very significant manner.

There are just times when people feel too down to even help their own self, but there always comes a reason for people to look up once again and see the things they almost missed.

No comments: