Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Overheard

I shuffled my feet to the restroom as I took a break from our dance practice for our performance in the party this Thursday. It should have been a very ordinary trip to the loo, but something happened that was quite awkward.

As soon as I pushed the heavy restroom door open, I overheard two people talking to one another:

"Alam mo ba yung sa Java, yung..."

And then they stopped as soon as they noticed I was there.

As I was taking a leak, I waited for him to continue what he was saying, but he didn't. The other guy asked what was that about, but the other answered something like it's up for the other person to know. I can't stop thinking that they were talking about me, but I thought that it was also possible that he stopped because he knew I belong to Java and that I might know whoever the person they were supposed to talk about. I wanted to see if he was whispering things to his friend, but I didn't since it would be too obvious that I was listening to what they were saying. But honestly, I hope it was about me since I have a secret admiration on the one who initiated the conversation. It matters for me because he matters for me.

---
A week has passed, but sadly, nothing seems to have changed.

No comments: