Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Chapter Three

Fifteen minutes before midnight, I found myself sitting on the gutter across our house in anticipation for grand flashes of light blazing across the sky. The thing I liked most about new year was not new resolutions or gatherings with family or friends, but the aerial fireworks that adorned the sky with brilliant colors.

After a few minutes of expectance, the mighty noises roared their presence in the air.

Each time a small dot of light streaked skyward, I found myself looking up with an eager smile on my face. A loud boom ripping the mounting excitement, I felt my insides brim with nostalgia that another year has passed and a new one has come knocking into my life. A shower of bright and spectacular sparks afterwards, I thought what the new year has in store for me.

As I rose from my spot and entered the house, I silently told myself to walk into the sunlight and end the midnight that has given me a surrogate sense of security. Like the fireworks that briefly turned the dark amethyst sky into a flash of day, all I asked from the skies was courage to once again light up my hopes for a brighter tomorrow.


Au monde, à ses douleurs qui ne me touchent plus
To all the pains and sufferings of the world that touch me no more
Aux notes, aux solos que je n'ai pas inventés
To all those notes and songs that I haven't invented
Tous ces mots que d'autres ont fait rimer qui me tuent
To all those rhyming words that kill me in regret
Comme autant d'enfants jamais portés
Like many innocent children never born

A nos actes manqués
To all the things we never did

No comments: