Friday, July 29, 2011

Acts of Kindness

Pearl asked me to create a small application that will only run the module I was developing. I asked my team lead if it was doable within the day, and he said yes while explaining to me a possible implementation of the task that was given to me.

Four hours have passed, and my application was stumbling on error after error. My enthusiasm about the weekend was dashed, washed away by the rain that continued to pour relentlessly. As an act of desperation, I once again consulted with Ervs, a team lead of ours. Within thirty minutes, he was already able to make the bare essentials of the application I was creating to work. I thanked him again and again until I was already lugging my things to go home, since I was very well aware that he stopped what he was doing in order for him to help me with my task. Without his help, I might still be at the office, slumped on my chair and dreading how unable I was.

The jeep I rode home was packed with people. The jeep had an unusual warmth to it, a kind of heat that was soothing and comforting. I said a little prayer before I alighted, and when I did, the lady after me called my attention and handed me a twenty-peso bill that I have dropped. I thanked her for her kind deed and parted our ways.

Two acts of kindness, one being bold, while the other less visible albeit quaint. More often than not, people tend to neglect the little things that happen in life, but in reality, are as important as the biggest things unfolding before our eyes.

No comments: