Monday, August 1, 2011

Meaningless

A while back, I stopped for a few minutes, thinking how meaningless I was. Occupied with the thoughts that consumed me, I asked if the career I chose was what I really wanted, or was I just overcome by sheer laziness and frivolous courage.

I was assigned to resolve an issue with our system. It turns out that my team lead was able to pinpoint what was causing the problem, and he was able to do so in a matter of minutes. The hours I placed in trying to figure out what was happening was thrown out the window, to be blunt.

I felt so useless and a big burden. But I guess that was part of the process of learning. The lessons of life isn't served in a silver spoon; it is up to us to broaden our understanding and not to let the narrowing vision of pointless and distraught feelings blind us from seeing what is worth seeing.

No comments: