Sunday, August 14, 2011

Control

I am not a rebel opposing authority. But when control for a good cause maliciously turns into a self-containing manipulation, things become different.

A few days ago, I have lost access to my PlanetRomeo account. It was the second time it happened. The first time around, I tried to contact the administrators through email, but there was no development. I managed to retrieve my account with the help of a friend of mine, who happened to have administrative rights and database access to the site.

This time however, not only did I lose access to my PR account, but to the email address affiliated with it. For the past few days, I had to change my password every time I tried to log in into chat, until the account was locked completely. Things did not move for the better, because yesterday, I have also lost access to the alternate email address for that. What was worse was that the second email address that I lost access to was also the email account I used for the past six or seven years. I used that account to keep in touch with my friends in high school, college, and people at work. I have tried to request a change for password, but all is lost since the alternate addresses of both email addresses have been changed.

I am forcing myself that everything happening is just pure coincidence, but I cannot help but think that it is just way too farfetched for it to be just a random hack. Rationalizing things, I hate to think that someone I might know is toying with me. I feel as if the person doing this is locking me away from meeting or even just talking to friends. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone; it's just that what has happened is just a step way too far.

No comments: