Saturday, August 6, 2011

Losing Someone

I was almost moved to tears when I learned of what happened to a blockmate of mine in college. I've only heard of her ordeal just now in a social networking site, and I feel pretty bad that I was too busy or too indifferent to know about the things that were happening to the people I grew fond of.

Following my friend's page lined with a long string of condolences and support, it came to my knowledge that the boyfriend of my blockmate passed away a little over a week ago. Reasons not being present, what information I managed to gather was that he was rushed and was confined a few days in intensive care, before letting go. It was then I realized that a few days back, a contact of mine in chat had a status message saying that a friend of hers recently passed away, and that she was in a state of shock and utter disbelief. It was him.

Admittedly, I am not the closest friend to my blockmate, however, I still felt very sad. It was the feeling of wanting to do something for her, but no amount of love and concern will ever measure up with her longing to be with him even for one last time.

In her post, she wrote:

"You told me before that you gave your heart to me, and asked me to take care of it. I told you I've given you mine as well, for you to take care of it. But you said that it's better if both of them are with me, [because] both of them will be safer with me. Since that night till now, my chest feels really heavy. It's like I have two hearts with me now, yours and mine.

I'll carry them both bi. For you. For us. I can handle it. I just wished you would still be here so that we can carry them both together.

I love you."

Honey, we love you too. It is okay to cry and be sad, but keep in mind that wherever he is now, he will always want you to smile and look forward for a brighter tomorrow, even if he's gone. God has plans for all of us, and sadly, it was His plan to take him away from you. We may not understand the reasons of the things happening to each and every one of us, but that is where our faith in Him lie. I'm sure the time will come when you will be able to move on, but until that day comes, we want you to know that we will always be here for you, no matter what may happen.

Stay strong, and have faith. We love you, and we'll always be here for you.

No comments: