Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gaga Over Gaga

Day in and day out at the office, I've been finding myself increasingly attracted to the pop dance music of Lady Gaga. I don't usually blog about things like these, but heck, I just can't get her music out of my head. My body nonchalantly grooves with the lively beats of the songs she herself composes. She's hailed as a saint amongst the rainbow community, but I admire her as a self-proclaimed creative person. Even though Gaga has a very eccentric style and personality, she has a way of blending it to her musical virtuoso -- and that is what makes Lady Gaga jive to my own move.

There are a share of people who sees her as a genius and as a freak. People are simply weirded out by her brazen fashion ensembles, while others hail her as the next greatest icon. Other people also say she is an instrument of the occult as reflected in her songs and videos. Everybody deserves their own opinions, and I'm just a fan who admires her strong personality and move inducing songs. I have to admit, I don't understand what she does from time to time, but who am I to stop how she expresses herself?

In dancing, a beat is as good as any other, but her songs mixed with shimmery glass-synth music to body blasting bass beats is in a winning battle against my own monsters of insecurity. While watching and practicing dance breakdowns over and over again, I have learned that it is all about accepting and embracing things for their worth. "How will people accept a person if that person cannot accept their own self?" It's that cliche question everybody's heard of, just like a 5-6-7-8. 

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

No comments: