Monday, November 21, 2011

Lola Pen

My 83 year old grandmother, who we fondly call Pen, met an unfortunate accident early this morning that left us deeply worried about her. She has already endured through an episode of stroke, a period of depression, and is bravely fighting the onset of Parkinson's. The things that happened today alarmed and made us realize even more that we can lose her any moment, no matter how enthusiastic her outlook in life and how strong at heart she is.

I am not too aware of the details that happened. But what I know is that she fell in a very ill way that left her scalp split open, skull exposed. Apparently, their Pitbull broke free of its leash, and Pen at the spur of the moment, tried to block the strong dog with her frail body. The dog ran the old lady over, which made her lose her balance and fall down to the pavement hard. My distressed aunt immediately rushed her to the hospital, fearing an internal hemorrhage since Pen vomited no less than three times. She quickly called my mom after to tell her what happened, who told the news to us.

As I learned what happened to her, I silently prayed to God to give Pen and everybody that loves her dearly strength in this moment of trial. I very rarely pray to God for personal favors, but this is just something different.

This afternoon, I have received a text message from my mom that Pen's head scans revealed no internal hemorrhage. She underwent an operation to reconstruct her damaged scalp and close her wound. As of tonight, it is a relief for everyone as she's doing well at the hospital. With prayers, I hope that she completely recovers from this ordeal.

To anybody reading this, please spare a small prayer for her, and for us as well. I am sure God, with His infinite kindness, will repay you for your generosity.

No comments: