Friday, November 4, 2011

Self-Assessment : Floor (Part Seventeen)

Today, I completed a self-assessment test to measure how well I was faring in our company, career wise. The test was less than 15 questions, but what was tedious about it was that I needed to constantly check what the criteria were in a given dictionary. There were several levels in each proficiency, and each level had a detailed description in the said dictionary. Needless to say, rating myself was an eye opener for me because after almost a year in work, I finally managed to see what was expected from me. And frankly, it was quite depressing to see myself ticking ones and twos in ratings of fours or fives. It was exactly what I said before I graduated: work, in one way or another, meant starting things all over again.

I happily let out a huge sigh of relief as I pressed the submit button, and thought to myself what my next step would be. In the test, my common reason for marking was I still lacked initiative. So will I take this as a challenge to step up, or will I just stand back and be duly content with what I have?

No comments: