Friday, February 10, 2012

Differently

Moments like this rarely happen, but when they do, I stop to pause and think. Walking homeward bound, something came across my mind. The thought wasn't a stranger to me; it was just that tonight, I paid extra attention to it. A lot of things have happened over the past few years, and these things had changed me in ways more than one. But tonight, I doubtfully asked myself the question:

What if I did things differently?

Would things stay the same, or would they be better? Would I be still insecure, or strong enough to stand on my own, not needing a surrogate sense of security? The truth seems to be too twisted that it already feels too uncomfortable. Meanings no longer hold their worth, since they are made up to patch up eyes that yearn for freedom.

I am a strong believer of the power of choice. But tonight, time slowed down and made me think if I had relied on choosing my own path far too much.

No comments: