Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Trainer: Floor (Part Twenty-Two)

Earlier this evening, I attended a mentoring session on how to be an effective trainer for the new trainees of the company. Apprehension filled my head because I thought we had to present a short part of our module and from there, ideas on how to improve our approach were to be shared. But I was wrong, it was just a small, lively, and amazing lecture by Geena, an upper hand in the administration. I picked up a lot of things, both familiar and new ideas, as well as a renewed sense of confidence with myself. I was frightened by the fact that my performance as a trainer would be evaluated, but it just came to me that in almost all aspects of life, we are looked on and graded in one way or another. But more importantly, I managed to make myself do something that I was hesitant on doing. The fear of the feeling of failure always haunts me in these kinds of situations, but I'm pleased with myself that I proved that I can overcome my fears stemming from insecurities.

No comments: