Wednesday, October 3, 2012

MSP: Floor (Part Twenty-Seven)

Today, I signed a contract:

Start of Term: January 5, 2013 (tentative)
Start at client name: January 9, 2013 (tentative)
End of Term: April 9, 2013 (tentative)
Assignment: MSP

MSP is short for Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota.

Yesterday, my manager alerted me to approach his cube as he wanted to discuss with me something really quick. He casually told me that he has considered me to be deployed onsite, since I was eager to do so. Earlier this afternoon, while I was passing by, he pulled me in and showed me my contract for deployment. Everything was tentative since the budget of our project for the following year was still not decided. I glanced at the document and found my name, along with the role of onsite coordinator.

This is one of my goals, but now that it is in four months' reach, I suddenly feel a wave of frightened unpreparedness run over me. I wanted to assume the role of team lead offshore first, to at least partially prepare myself with the tasks attributed to an onsite coordinator. Life is very much unexpected, and if this is the case, I have to break free from my security in familiarity and embrace this new chapter in my life.

No comments: