Sunday, September 30, 2012

Spoiled Brat

Years ago, I always remember myself carrying an emotional burden only I knew existed. I always complained about how things were so far from what I thought they were supposed to be. The littlest rejection over things irked me for days. I hated myself for being so unlikeable to the point that I wanted to end my misery to attain some happiness once and for all.

That was years ago.

After a few days of wondering, stepping away to see how I felt and how I thought, I can say that I no longer have the emotional capacity of an egocentric and selfish kid who thinks of nobody but himself. I have learned that the world isn't here for the consumption of my ideals, that I was only a part of it no matter what happened. People are there because they are people, and not because they are made to server whatever purpose I had.

I always thought that I wasn't a spoiled brat ever since I was a kid. My parents didn't give in to my whims and tantrums, in all their forms and sizes. But after coming down from the hill to the real world, I realized how bad my inner attitude was: I have spoiled my own self. I always thought the world was unfair because it seemed that I never got what I wanted. But after two years of learning what the real world is like, I have accepted that life is indeed unfair. It is up to us to do with what we have and make life for us and for the people around us better and more meaningful.

No more dramas. Life sucks, so I'll go deal with it.

No comments: