Saturday, September 24, 2011

Abroad

After a long wait, my passport has finally arrived. The grueling processing in the Department of Foreign Affairs resulted in a stiff document in brown sleeves. The very first thing that I thought was that it was a convenient item to have, since most application forms require proof of identity: a passport was one of those documents accepted. I have always had an "identity crisis" being not having enough identification that is recognized by banks or institutions. But then, I realized that hey, this is actually my passport. It had my face printed in shiny material on the first page of it. I realized that this same document will be my gateway to different places, hopefully all over the world. As far as I can remember, it has always been a dream of mine to travel to different countries and get exposed to beautiful places, know interesting cultures, and meet unique people.

And this document with a semblance to crisp money is the first key among many.

No comments: