Thursday, September 15, 2011

Simple Things: Floor (Part Fourteen)

Work today was one of those experiences wherein you tend to ask yourself if you'll wish for something more.

Time steadily soldiered onwards as the day progressed. I briefly explained how a part of our application worked to our two new teammates. I found it interesting that I managed to fluently explain how things went by -- and fluency isn't one of my best assets. Even more, I enjoyed myself in explaining how the processes went. Maybe it was just me enjoying a small, intimate group, or me having a great time in proving to myself that I could do it.

Right after that, I tagged along with a few friends of mine to eat some good old street food. It was then that I realized how I missed how nice vinegar and onions tasted on fishballs and kikiam. It was a slice of a shallow paradise -- the dusk sun slowly creeping away, the noise of vehicles rushing by, and of course, the smell of cooking oil frying some skewer delights.

I felt very mababaw, as a matter of fact. Sometimes, when things get very busy, I fail to see the simple things that make me feel content deep inside. And to me, those things are the things that matter the most.

No comments: