Monday, November 5, 2012

Too Nice

As I was walking home, I saw my ex eating in a nearby burger joint in our place. He has moved out of the house to a room a few blocks away from us, but still inside the subdivision. This was the third time I saw him since he left, and I should say I wasn't thrilled.

He was apparently busy replying to a message. Good thing, since I didn't want to see him eye to eye. During the moments I saw him, I didn't care how he was; I was just happy that he's no longer a part of my life. I even crudely thought that the shorts he wore was originally mine. But what made me write this post was what I thought afterwards. I silently thought how he was doing, if he was eating well, and if he was happy, or at least content. After realizing what has entered my mind, I coldly shrugged my shoulders and said I didn't care, or at least it isn't my concern any longer.

I thought to myself how kind a person I was. Sa lahat ng masamang pinagdaanan ko sa kanya, tiniis ko lang lahat. Wala siyang narinig na paninira sa akin, panay totoo lang ang sinabi ko nung panahong hindi ko na kaya. Tapos ito, kahit papaano, bilang isang kaibigan naiisip ko kung kumusta na siya.

Maybe I should stop being too nice -- it seems it's not worth the thought and effort anymore because people don't know how to appreciate it.

No comments: