Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Plateau

Yes, I have hit a plateau in my quest to be of normal weight.

For the first six weeks in my weight gain routine, I have gained and maintained a respectable ten pounds. It doesn't really matter what those ten pounds are composed of. I'm just ecstatic on the fact that I have gained such weight and maintaining it. Being severely underweight has been a condition of mine for over ten years (yes, there was a time I was chabelito, but I lost weight because my brother always ridiculed me -- the weight hasn't come back ever since), and being heavier by a full ten pounds is a big feat for someone like me. However, after that period of time, I have stopped gaining weight.

I have stopped gaining weight, and hopefully I won't lose weight anytime soon.

My weight plateaued, one reason being not being able to eat as much as I would like to, because of the pressing things I have to face at training everyday. Before, I had all the time to eat when I want to, but now, I had to at least reach a milestone of mine before I am able to snack. Another, more alarming reason is that I am slacking off. I've been skipping my strength training regimen for any reason I come up with. The discipline I've so proudly told myself before is now slowly getting duller, tarnished by whatever vice in comforts my body pleases.

Snap. Wake up now. Wake up!

No comments: