Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pride

For the past few weeks, I have been having sour thoughts about me taking training. I've had very difficult times, but I rarely asked a question to anybody: to our instructors, or to my batchmates. The idea running in my mind was I wanted to complete the problem through my own knowledge and understanding, even if my inner self was screaming and imploring for any kind of help. I've always wanted to prove to myself I could do it.

It was as if I was telling to myself in sheer pride that I was so magnificent and great that I do not need any help. But the truth of the matter was I humbly needed for any friendly advice. Just a little push towards the right direction was all I wanted and needed, but the monster named pride has devoured each and every little nibble of humility capable of asking a question for a much needed answer.

Now, things are going much nicer. I still pursue to complete our exercises in my own command over the matter, but when things get stuck in a rut, I tap a knowledgeable friend on the shoulder and ask how to tackle the problem.

No comments: