Thursday, January 6, 2011

Adversity

Earlier, we were tasked to recreate a website's layout using style sheets and table tags. I spent over four hours trying to figure out how to do it properly, but I only managed to finish half of the page. It wasn't that easy as we had only limited resources (tags) to use, but it wasn't too difficult as well -- it was just very intimidating. It was a herculean task for us trainees, as other people more experienced than us said. They were quite surprised about the degree of difficulty our exams were compared to theirs. A senior mentioned that during his training, they were tasked to make any website layout. They weren't required to put any specific elements -- just create a website. Our exam was like a million times more difficult than theirs. It was so hard, my brain almost felt as if it was rapidly turning into juice and draining down my spine. A rain of expletives isn't enough to satiate my feelings toward that exam.

Seriously, it was one of the worst gamut feelings I've ever had. I was excited that we were going to learn CSS, but that excitement was oh so fleeting.

Even if the exam was a deluge in the tranquil seas of my mind, I persevered to finish what I started. I placed effort to put effort (weird, huh?) and give the best I can give. I proved to myself one thing: amidst all my weaknesses, I can be strong and unwavering in front of adversity if I wanted to. My fears always get the better out of me, and I never think that I can actually do something if I placed my mind into it.

I guess I have really decided to "grow up". It may be vague for me now, but I'm sure someday, that time will come when I can say to myself without fail that I have succeeded.

No comments: