Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Routine?

After seeing the horrible escalator accident yesterday night, the thought of riding an escalator sends a cold chill down my spine. Merely seeing an escalator is enough for my hair to stand. I'm not disturbed by the fact that I witnessed such an incident; what bothers me is how an ordinary, everyday event can turn viciously wrong. The security I feel in routine was suddenly shattered and left hanging in question after I witnessed the ordeal. The events that happened yesterday could be considered as just a freak accident, but the impact it dealt me was way beyond my expectations. After realizing what just happened in front of me, I knew then that I would detract from riding escalators for a little while. But never did I anticipate that I would even start to question the protection I feel from simple things. No matter how careful one is, the inevitable will happen when it is meant to happen.

Yeah, but maybe I'm just over complicating things. Hopefully, I am.

No comments: