Sunday, January 9, 2011

Regrets and Resolves

Today is my grandmother's sixth year with the creator. Nanay succumbed to respiratory problems and several heart attacks, and I didn't get the chance to see her when she was in the hospital. I refused to go there and see her with all those machines attached to her fragile body.

It was something I regretted terribly. I didn't get the chance to say how I loved her as a foster mother.

Today was also a day where my family and I went out to eat. We never did that when I was little, because of the fact that Dadee needed to work away from us. But today was a small special day: we went to eat out the new big burgers in Tropical Hut and eat Blizzards in Dairy Queen in Gateway. I usually don't go out with my family to go to malls, maybe because I'm so not used to doing that, but today, I felt a deep sense of happiness, like a small part of inside of me finally found some peace. I felt a serene sense of confidence in seeing my family enjoying some sundaes together. It was like finding a new resolve amidst all those broken pieces of self.

Hopefully, we do it again sometime.

2 comments:

Jinjiruks said...

off topic,

pag nde kapa nag comment, hindi ko pa malalaman ang new blog mo, bakit ngayon kalang nagparamdam. hehe!

Nox said...

Jinji: Kaya ako nagcomment. Haha :p