Monday, January 3, 2011

First Day, Hi

I'm writing this in office. Naks, "in office".

Today is going better than I anticipated. I was quite worried since orientation day as to what the first day of training would be like. Being a self-confessed pessimist, negative things filled my head as to what today would look and feel like. I dislike first days not because people get to meet people, but due to the awkward feeling everyone gets when things get silent. There's this feeling that you want to start a conversation, but you're not exactly sure on what to talk about. I'm still in that getting-to-know-you phase, and it's just sad if you make a wrong impression because what you said isn't quite right to their own opinion. The issue here is not about conformity, but giving a good impression at the very start. "First impressions last," as the saying goes.

My batchmates are quite a nice bunch; that's why I'm even more careful to start things right.

No comments: