Monday, January 10, 2011

Sad Day Monday

I'm certain people with the usual Monday to Friday morning schedule will find these following statements more or less true: 

Tuesday: Monday is over.
Wednesday: Halfway there!
Thursday: It's almost Friday!
Friday: THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY
Saturday: Yeah! Weekend!
Sunday: Weekend, but it's Monday tomorrow.
Monday: ...

Where ... is a mere replacement for possible expletives, rants, or hate incarnate to the poor day of Monday.

Seriously now, why is Monday such a pain? It's so hard to wake up from a blissful Sunday night's sleep. If I were given the choice, I'd rather wallow in my sleepy stupor and snuggle up to the sheets, especially now that the weather is either cold or rainy. To top that frustration off, two accidents occurred in Quezon Memorial Circle in the span of 30 minutes. With hopelessness in grasp, the MRT was unusually overcrowded beyond its acceptable capacity. Flocks of people swarmed the doors as it opened at 8:30 in the morning. Arriving a couple of minutes late, I was already exhausted and beaten up even before I faced my training which squeezes every last drop of brain juice.

Fun things happened as well. I got to sabit on a jeepney on the way to Quezon Avenue, but I had to sit on the aisle when we reached Circle because of the heavy, snail-paced traffic. It was quite awkward since I was facing all those cars crawling in the traffic with us, but I had to admit there was some fun involved in having that much attention. Just imagine how weird it was when several motorcycles tailed the jeepney I was in.

As the saying says, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Opportunities to learn and experience new things are lost if one always sees the negative side of things. It won't hurt one bit to think of something positive for once.

Another Monday crosses itself off the calendars. What a relief.

2 comments:

HOMER said...

Haha! Bat ba papalit-palit ng url haha! ;)

Yeah coudn't agree more Monday is such a pain!, especially these days when the weather is so inviting you just want to sleep allday. ACtually I didn't go to class kanina. haha! ;)

Nox said...

Homer: Last na yang palit na yan. It's time to settle indecisiveness. Haha!

Buti ka pa, you have the choice of not going to class. Ako, I don't have a choice in that same sense kasi I have to go to work.