Thursday, January 13, 2011

Travel

When I was little, I was so frustrated at trains because I never got to ride one. My siblings had the opportunity to ride the old PNR trains, but I didn't. I was born into a family which was blessed enough to afford a modest car.Every time the bars descended as the sirens blared, I remember me curiously rolling the window down to look at the mighty beast the train was. Every time I saw that train, its long, echoing horn proudly announced its arrival.

I wanted to ride a train so badly that I wanted to become a train conductor.

The first time I rode a train was during the arrival of the MRT commuters know so much. The old trains of the PNR have been replaced, and now only one coach remains the open air train of my childhood. Now that I experience trains in an everyday basis, I dream of bigger, faster things.

Now, I want to ride an airplane and travel abroad that I wondered why I didn't want to be a pilot. Planes remind me that dreams, no matter how high or vast they are, can still be touched and kissed, just like airplanes soaring across the skies.

No comments: