Monday, April 18, 2011

Mefenamic Acid

Two days have passed since my dental extraction. The procedure wasn't a complete success as the root of my enormous wisdom tooth refused to leave its place. I have been under medication of antibiotics and mefenamic acid since after the surgery, and I have to admit that things are better than what I expected. Certainly not the best, but not as gruesome as I depicted it would be.

My right cheek has swollen, although not considerably. The swelling isn't obvious, but visible if one looks well enough. The bleeding has stopped as well, but because the wound is still there, I have to gargle an antibacterial mouthwash that has a very disgusting aftertaste. It is so awful that two hours after rinsing my mouth with it, I still taste the horrible sensation in my mouth. The pain is bearable, but I continue to take anti-inflammatory medicine because I don't want things to get ugly.

Thank god for pain killers.

The desire for a better set of teeth isn't coming to me in a silver platter. The road is full of incisions, plier wrings, and mouth rinses with hints of blood, but I have decided that I want this. I am confident that the future me will thank me for undergoing through all this pain, and I hope that the future me will gain more confidence in smiling through the problems in life.

No comments: