Friday, April 15, 2011

of Deadlines and Builds: Floor (Part Nine)

For the first time in the week, I wasn't late in coming to work today. I arrived at ten on the dot. Currently, my late minutes hover at a little over thirty minutes -- a quarter of the allowed late minutes every month. Arriving at ten, I was supposed to leave at seven in the evening. However, I went home already past eleven.

I did a four-hour overtime tonight.

It's not because I was asked to stay behind and finish a task. It was in my own prerogative that I extended my work hours. I wanted to accomplish the task that was given to me since I said to my team lead that I might be able to commit my code tonight. But as it turned out, I underestimated the complexity of my assignment.

Nonetheless, because of my efforts in finishing my task, I will be able to pass my code tomorrow. Even if I failed to achieve the personal victory in code completion tonight, I felt a sense of relief and contentment as I logged out -- a small triumph that I was unaware of, until now.

No comments: