Wednesday, April 13, 2011

of Deadlines and Builds: Floor (Part Eight)

A whole month after deployment, I can say to myself that I'm officially part of the floor.

My team lead has been giving me tasks of increasing difficulty. He gave me a part wherein I am required to know most of our application's processes. He has trusted me with the responsibility to create a new summary for our module in the project. For an experienced developer who knows the system very well, creating it would be an easy walk-in-the-park two hours. Two days have passed, and I'm just starting at the most challenging part of the task. Being one of the nicest people around, my team lead asked if I will be able to finish the part by tomorrow. I said yes without confidence backing my words, but I will try to make it a point to finish everything by tomorrow. As I always joke to my friends, "gaya nga ng sabi ni Robin Padilla: Ang hindi ko lang nasubukan ay ang umayaw!"

I have the capacity to do well, I know that. Focus just eludes me most of the time.

No comments: