Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sick (Number One)

For those who don't know, I get sick more or less four times a year. I've been sickly since I was a kid, and things haven't changed, it seems.

I participated in a 9K leg of fun run last Saturday. I was tired, other than that, I felt normal. However, the day following that, my stomach started to complain. It rumbled every few minutes or so, and I was left with a literally heavy feeling in my guts. Things got worse towards the evening, as I burned up to a 38.4° fever. But, as soon as I sat on the throne, the fever went away with whatever went out. I thought I was going to be better, but that was only what I thought.

Yesterday, things turned for the worst. My stomach felt bloated with air, but I was unable to pass gas: high five or down low. I had the urge to sit down again, but no matter how hard I tried, nothing came out. My guts screamed so much that I wasn't unable to go to work. The fever went back again, but to my relief, subsided before the day ended.

With that, I was able to go to work today. I went to work with a very upset stomach. In contrast to what I underwent for the past two days, my stomach was way too active that I had to sit it six times -- almost once every hour.

Now, things are getting slower. At least that's what I want to think.

Getting sick four times a year. Got sick for the first time. I can't wait for the next!
(sarcasm intended)

No comments: