Friday, April 15, 2011

Third Molar (Part One)

Tomorrow at eleven in the morning, I will be going to the dentist to have one of my third molars extracted. The arch of my teeth is severely malformed because of dental overcrowding. Removing both wisdom teeth is only a preliminary step in my quest for better oral health.

My dentist commanded me to take in antibiotics and antithrombotics, and ordered me to buy some pain relievers to quaff after the procedure. I have to admit, I'm a little worried because ever since I was a kid, I feared the bright light beaming my face as I nervously sat on the dentist's chair. Heck, my last visit to the dentist was even before my first permanent tooth emerged.

I'll be spending quite a hefty sum, but as I told myself, my teeth is an investment that will last me many years to come. Hopefully, the day will come that I will be able to laugh without covering my teeth and smile without tension on the lips -- ego boosts pushing to a more confident me.

No comments: