Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Heart Broken?

Mind the question mark at the end.

I dislike the feeling of liking someone even before knowing that someone. The thought bears a heavy load in my heart. As tough as it may sound, I keep on telling myself that what I am feeling is wrong; that it should be the other way around. The idealistic me believes that liking someone only follows after knowing that someone.

Sigh.

A friend of mine told me that there isn't anything wrong about liking someone first. He said that it is very much normal and realistic in having ulterior motives in knowing and building a friendship with a person. In a blunt tongue, he told me that if I weren't attracted to the person in the first place, would I be spending much needed time in thinking about him? No, I thought. He will be just another stranger who will just pass by and remain unknown, like the hundreds of strangers I cross paths with everyday. Strangers, who remain as just strangers.

It doesn't hurt to be realistic, but being completely realistic isn't too well either. Being idealistic isn't bad, but being overly idealistic is worse. Realists with ideals close to their core principles and idealists who keep an open eye to the real world are the means to those extremes, but I think what matters more is one's own happiness and contentment with what life happens to give.

No comments: