Saturday, April 2, 2011

9K

Earlier this morning, I participated in BDO's Run for Life 3. An office mate of mine joined the 6K leg, while I decided to run 9K. I was persuading him to sign up for the longest leg of the run, but he declined as it was his first time to run in a fun run.

With the 21KM I have to run next week, I made the bold decision to run the nine-kilometer leg.

The leg consisted of three laps around the complex of SM Mall of Asia. Each lap was three kilometers long. Gunshot was fired at six in the morning, but to my dismay, I came in a few minutes late. I started my run almost 15 minutes after the other participants have started, but that didn't stop me from still running. Remembering the tips of a friend of mine, I conserved my energy until the last three kilometers before picking up the pace. At the few final hundred meters, my legs were starting to burn, buckle, and give way, but the sight of the finish line powered me to keep on running and finish the run.

I managed to complete the leg in a little over an hour, adjusting the time a little bit since I came in tardy.

I proved myself that if I believe in myself that I can accomplish something, I will be able to finish whatever I start. It was an arduous run for me, but in the end, I claimed a small victory that will carry my interests in running forward.

No comments: