Sunday, March 20, 2011

Midnight's Midnight

Midnight, my laptop, has stopped running normally.

Every time I boot up, it works fine until the Welcome screen (Midnight is on Windows XP SP3), but right after that, it will crash and restart. Sometimes, a dialog box manages to appear telling me that my hardware has changed and I need to reinstall a sound driver. However, I have already uninstalled that sound driver, but the problem persists.

As of the moment, I'm scanning for any malicious programs that may have managed to infect poor old Midnight. After scanning, I'll try to uninstall more drivers in hopes of isolating where the problem actually is.

I love Midnight not because I'm a big computer geek, but because through thick and thin, we've been together. I have found some solace in the sound of his keyboard when I type, and have seen a small but tranquil patch of peace within his monitor.

No comments: