Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Rise of Ripley: Floor (Part Seven)

About two weeks have passed since the company graced me with a top-of-the-line computer. His name was Ripley.

He, along with his friends Lashes the monitor, Flack the keyboard, and Vesper the mouse (yes, my company actually do name all assets) have been allowing me to access the web, chat with my friends, and of course, do work for our client for the past weeks. The processing speed and strength of Ripley is simply remarkable, as I have grown used to Midnight's satisfactory performance. Compile times are reduced to mere seconds, shying the almost half-minute project building Midnight delivers. Yes, Ripley wins by a phenomenal margin on all aspects, but Midnight will never be replaced in my heart.

Oh the cheese.

The task given to me proved to be daunting, however, with enough concentration and Ripley's  processing power, we were able to hurtle through the obstacles successfully. I felt the fleeting sense of a personal victory once again, and that was enough to make me step forward and look ahead with my chest proud and chin held high. The cracks that marred my resolve were mended by that accomplishment. It made me feel I belong, that I am treading an intricate path I am challenging myself to take.

No comments: