Thursday, March 31, 2011

Prose

I have been praised by a stranger for my capacity to write well. I'm not a writer at heart, but I have to admit that I have some command over the written parlance. He took the time to read an old entry of mine, and was kind enough to offer ideas to improve my work. I gladly accepted his changes, and made the prose of my work simpler, but its imagery even stronger.

The entry I wrote was about an encounter I had with a blind man two years ago. It was one of the saddest points of my life. In the verge of losing all hope, I found some solace in writing, and created an entry that would capture a snapshot of my life in prose. The powerful image living in those words remind me that I can surmount even the seemingly impossible difficulties in life.

Floy, thank you for believing in my ability to write.

No comments: