Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Floor (Part Four)

So this was it. Today was officially our last day in the little corner we called our own: training room one.

Sir Ahm delivered us the news: I, along with two of my batchmates, will be placed in the prestigious Omega project, under his direct supervision. I could not say I'm sad since a part of me actually wanted to be assigned there because of the familiar faces; however I couldn't deny the fact that I'm a little bit disappointed because yes, I got into Omega, however not all of us would be assigned there.

Two of my friends were placed in projects which entailed serious setbacks for them. Both wanted to focus on development, however, their assignments had little programming involved, as far as I know. One was stuck between being a tester here in Quezon City, or a developer in Makati, while the other had to entertain calls hailing from clients and forward the feedback to senior developers -- something like a watered-down customer service representative responsibility. They openly expressed their disappointment, and I was unable to produce any words to encourage them. I did not know what things to say since there I was, lucky to be part of the Omega team while they felt they were unlucky enough to be placed in projects which caused them unneeded stress and tension.

Maybe I'm just overly altruistic, but no. This sentiment stems from the sincere concern I have for all of my friends. In life, we can't have it all, but hopefully there is some way to share blessings and make others feel they belong.

No comments: