Saturday, June 18, 2011

Brighter Side of Things

For the past few days, I have been wallowing in my self-created puddle of sadness. I felt so content in drowning myself with all the negativity in the world. Being pessimistic has always worked for me. It has (sadly) turned into a defense mechanism -- my stream of consciousness and personality is yanked out of the brighter side of things toward the cold shadows of grief. I find solace in solitude: it helps me recuperate whatever pain that caused me to shift out of normalcy in the first place.

A few days have passed, and I feel better. Once again, I have started to stare towards the bright glare of the sun rather than shy away from it. My feet guided my body to bask in the sun's brilliant radiance. I felt the heat slowly pricking my pores. It was either one of those small nothings that made me feel alive appeared right before my eyes, or opened my eyes to see some light.

No comments: