Thursday, June 9, 2011

Brown Shoes

During lunch, a friendly conversation heated into a debate, with me noticeably raising a tone. An officemate of mine pointed out that I was unusually irritable today. She asked me how come I was bugnutin today, and I joked that it was because I wore leather shoes to work. The weather was in a rotten mood. Little did I know that I myself was showing signs of cloudy skies.

I stayed a little longer in bed because the rain made getting out of bed difficult. The cold air made me tuck into my warm and cozy bed for a few more minutes. My mom, generous as she is, offered me a ride to work which I gratefully accepted. As we carefully tread the wet, slippery roads of Commonwealth, I broke the news that I was already a regular in my company. She was ecstatic, and so was I. Going to work, I was such in a sunny mood, so I paused to think what happened that made me act as if I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Right then, I remembered why. I always ask God to make me patient, and he always heeds my prayers and gives me reasons to be patient. Today however, I think I lost control and made my emotions spill over. Instead of cleaning it up, I just covered it up with an artificial excuse of being happy -- and wasn't too aware about it.

I have only worn my brown leather shoes twice before today, and I was actually thrilled to see it in pristine condition. With a few wipes, it looked sleek and brand new. However, as soon as I wore it, my feet suddenly yearned for the comfort of my raddled sneakers.

No comments: