Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I've never been close to my dad. I feel as if I wasn't the best son a dad could have. There have been a lot of opportunities for me to express my gratitude, but all I ever did was to take him for granted. He is almost sixty, and he is still working. He has endured the hardship of living away from his family for work, and he still continues the burden of being part of the workforce up to this day. At least, the heavens has always blessed him with great health, even if he has vices.

All I ever thought of is myself. I have stopped to think about what he felt or thought, but all of that remained inside my head. I know I could be a better son, but I want to be a better person first.

Not like this post would change anything. Maybe that's why the rain hasn't stopped falling.

No comments: